Starting New Preset
Make sure that you are in the Motion Capture tab. Press + button that is to the right of the drop-down list with preset names. Input any name and press Enter button or ➠ button to the right from the text field.
Specify the calibration settings:
- 1. Capture in Headset. Enable this option if you want to use a VR headset. VR Mocap Studio will switch into stereo-mode to calibrate and to record animations.
- 2. Enable Scaling. The option enables model scaling to fit the actor size, or disables it to use default model size. Pay attention to that pelvis bone and collarbones will be scaled in the captured animation.
- 3. Animate root-bone. If the option was enabled, then the root bone (if it is available) would move together with the model staying under the pelvis bone.
- 4. Rigid Spine. Enable the option to turn off inverse kinematics for spine animation.
- 5. Controllers Role can take these three values:
- Hands. This will always attach VR-controllers to hands. This option is unavailable when recording animations without VR-headset! Instead, use Any Role.
- Any Role. The controllers will be used the same way as usual Vive Trackers, i.e. they will be bound to the nearest bone.
- Don't Use. With the option selected, the software will ignore controllers even if they were turned on.
- 6. Fingers Tracking sets data source for the animation of fingers
- None. Fingers animation is disabled.
- SteamVR. Data coming from VR-controllers and processed by SteamVR will be used to animate fingers. Use this regime with controllers Valve Index, Vive Cosmos, Oculus Touch (via SteamVR).
- ManusVR. The capture of fingers animation with VR-gloves ManusVR. It is permitted to use the gloves with Vive Trackers only (tracking with controllers is not supported).
- Leap Motion is for using the controller Leap Motion attached to the VR-headset. We strongly advise you against using the option since the IR emitter of Leap Motion disturbs the tracking of Vive Trackers. To use the mode, devices to track hands must be attached to forearms at approximately 10 centimeters from wrists.
- Noiton Hi5. Mode for VR-gloves by Noiton is not supported. The support may be added in the future.
- 7. Knees orientation. It is a method to determine the orientation of knees in cases when they are not tracked with trackers on calves or shinbones.
- As Foot. The direction of where the knee is facing is determined with the “forward” direction of the corresponding foot;
- As Pelvis. The direction of where the knee is facing is determined with the “forward” direction of the pelvis bone;
- Mixed. It is a combination of both modes.
The change in settings is saved automatically.
Next: read how to bind a bone to two trackers, or skip to basic calibration.